IRIS-100 is a small size equipment that easily and automatically reads and calculates inhibition zones for measuring resistance using the disc diffusions test. IRIS-100 ensures uniform measurements and a high degree of traceability.
- Standardised reading
- Uniform measurements
- Facilitates workflow
- Free up time for other work tasks
- Increases capacity
- Ensures photo documentation and traceability
- No limitations on the number or position of discs
- Easy implementation of quality standards
- Electronic circular “ruler” makes measurement easier and increases quality
- Flexibility – IRIS-100 can be adapted to your specific needs and requirements (customised base-plate and customised antibiotic database)
- A good ergonomically alternative to manual measurements
- Quick visual presentation of results
- Automatic suggestion of zone edge presented by green circle
- Automatic suggestion of inhibition zone size
- Possibility to manually adjust zones
- Automatic presentation of results listed by zone size
- Automatic text reading and identification of antibiotics
- Handles both round and square petri dishes
- Full traceability & documentation
- Plug and play installation
- User friendly software
- Data documentation can be transferred to other systems
- Size: 19 x 19 x 21 cm
- Weight: 5 kg
- Danish design
- Small and handy
- Easy to operate
- Robust quality
- Easy to move
- Advanced 5MP camera
- Low power consumption (5V)
- 1 standard USB-cable
- Easy to clean design
- Easy to maintain
TEST AND VALIDATION
IRIS-100 has been tested and validated in cooperation with Hvidovre Hospital.
Inhibition zones for gram positive and gram negative bacteria were measured by IRIS-100 and by manual measurement respectively. The average conformity of the two different methods were calculated and compared. The results showed an average conformity of 99 % for the gram positive bacteria and 96 % for the gram negative bacteria.
The identification of the antibiotic discs is done 99% certainty.
More test-results are coming.